Welcome, Guest

Add additional quarters to 10Y numbers
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Add additional quarters to 10Y numbers

Add additional quarters to 10Y numbers 1 week, 1 day ago #2575

• wwwclaes
  • Junior Boarder
Hi, I'm screening for PE10 using my own composed variable with netincomea0 + ... + netincomea9. Most companies in the top of my list typically have really lousy quarters after a0, so I want to include those quarters in a sum of E10 + additional recent quarters.

Can you think of a method to find out which recent quarters that aren't part of a0? I think there is a date for a0 and q0, but that doesn't tell me how many q:s that are after a0. I'm about to try a complex IF-statement comparing sum of revenues for qX with a0, to derive how many of qX that are after a0 (I'm thinking when I find matching revenues, I know how many q that are after).

I hope I managed to make it understandable, a bit hard to explain apparently... Can you think of something simpler before I give it a try?

Best regards,
Claes
Claes

Re: Add additional quarters to 10Y numbers 1 week, 1 day ago #2576

• admin
  • Administrator
For US companies (quarterly reporting and USD as the currency), you can use the following Advanced Variable code:

CASE TIMESTAMPDIFF(MONTH, endofannualperiod, endofinterimperiod) WHEN 9 THEN netincomeq + netincomeq1 + netincomeq2 WHEN 6 THEN netincomeq + netincomeq1 WHEN 3 THEN netincomeq WHEN 0 THEN 0 ELSE NULL END

It is not perfect (as some companies will report 1 day less than a full month, causing this formula to return NULL), but it should work for you. You can modify the THEN clauses to do more complex computations (such as annualizing the results to create a PE11*).

Please let me know if you need additional help implementing your analysis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wwwclaes

Re: Add additional quarters to 10Y numbers 1 week ago #2577

• wwwclaes
  • Junior Boarder
Yes, it is probably much more straightforward working with the actual dates than trying to match revenues or likewise. At first attempt, I'm loosing too much data due to "1 day less" and different period types - but working with month (or day) intervals and enhance to handle all period types should solve that. Thank you kindest!
Claes
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds