Welcome, Guest

Account for lag in reporting data
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Account for lag in reporting data

Account for lag in reporting data 10 months, 2 weeks ago #2691

• Pottz
  • Junior Boarder
Just a question around how Reuters handles the timing lag between financial year end and company reporting:

Australian listed companies (ASX) need to report within 2 months of FYE. Previously I ran my financial models off Bloomberg extracted data, which would continue to report the last FYE or half annual results, until the company would report the latest data, and then would update (back date) the new financials into the historical periods. Since the Reuters data is at a point in time, this will not work for me going forward.

So, the question I have is what is the lag between a company reporting and Reuters data being updated. Eg. FYE is 30 June 2020, Company reports on 20 August 2020, at what point will Reuters data be updated?
Steve

Re: Account for lag in reporting data 10 months, 2 weeks ago #2693

• admin
  • Administrator
It varies by market and company size. Large caps and developed market data is usually updated very quickly after data release, while small caps and emerging markets can take longer. There is no SLA for our data set indicating how long it takes for individual companies to update.

Another thing to note: the financial statements can also update with partial data after a press release, and then fill in the full data after a later SEC filing for the period.

Re: Account for lag in reporting data 10 months, 2 weeks ago #2699

• Pottz
  • Junior Boarder
Ok - thanks. I'll build something into my model with the various report date fields.
Steve
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds