Welcome, Guest

Reverse Screen Question
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Reverse Screen Question

Reverse Screen Question 2 years, 8 months ago #2524

• hickmanpci
  • Fresh Boarder
Sorry, I have been paying for but not really using this for it's intended purpose all that much but have success creating screens on FINVIZ in the past but doing some reverse kind of thinking where I find a company that has performed well and then take as many metrics that seem to stick out to me and plugging them into a screen. I still haven't gotten to know how this works all that well.

That said, I took TWLO and just for giggles used the basic screener to engineer the results that I wanted which would include TWLO and then it's brothers with same or similar= just two things, TTM Revenue Growth of 53% or better so > 1.53 and 3 Year Revenue Growth of 64 or > 1.64. I brought down the numbers a bit and I came up with 16 companies but no TWLO so I am doing something wrong.

If you have time please let me know. I would like to bring this system to life a little for me as I need more verifications for my own processes rather than just looking at the whole market that has gotten beaten to death and just saying okay, Let's go TESLA, you're down. You should be 75 pts higher based on your compression/volumes price etc.

Thanks, happy superbowl.

Chris
Christopher

Re: Reverse Screen Question 2 years, 8 months ago #2525

• admin
  • Administrator
Chris,

One year TTM over TTM revenue growth of 1.53 is 153% revenue growth and 3 year revenue growth of 1.64 is 164% revenue growth. That is much higher than Twilio. The best way to build a reverse screen in Screener.co is to begin by adding the symbol you are starting with to a watchlist. You can use the Add Symbol to Watchlist form in the upper right of the screener to add your symbol. Then, you would use the Stock List Columns or Free Form Column menu items at the top of the screener to add the variables that you want to screen against. That will display the properly coded variables for your company of interest. I did that for Twilio, and got the following data values:

Revenue Change-TTM over TTM = 0.5339

Growth rate- Revenue-3 Year = 0.6499

I then can create a basic screen using the following Free Form Conditions:

Revenue Change-TTM over TTM > 0.53

Growth rate- Revenue-3 Year > 0.64

Sure enough, Twilio (TWLO) shows up in that screen. The reason Twilio wasn't coming up in your screen was because you were searching for 153% and 164% growth instead of 53% and 64%.

Please feel free to reach out to me personally by e-mail if you have any other questions about using Screener.co. I value your support and would be happy to help you get the most out of the platform.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds