Welcome, Guest

Finding Companies that Grow Consecutively
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Finding Companies that Grow Consecutively

Re: Finding Companies that Grow Consecutively 6 months, 4 weeks ago #2504

• admin
  • Administrator
Your formula does not make sense for negative numbers, as it allows for increasing unprofitability. For example, a company with sequential EPS of -1, -1.5, -2, -3 would match your formula. You can construct two separate screens, however, one for only positive EPS and one for only negative EPS. The negative EPS formula would be:

Basic EPS Excluding Extraordinary(I) > 0.9 * Basic EPS Excluding Extraordinary(I-1)

whereas the positive EPS formula would be:

Basic EPS Excluding Extraordinary(I) > 1.1 * Basic EPS Excluding Extraordinary(I-1)

That would match companies that are getting less negative, in the negative screen, and more positive in the positive screen.

All of the results you sent match the pattern AMEX:CEI. The negative numbers are not behaving the way you expect (as in my example above). You should either create a separate screen for negative EPS companies or exclude them from your main screen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oby1knoby

Re: Finding Companies that Grow Consecutively 6 months, 4 weeks ago #2505

• oby1knoby
  • Fresh Boarder
So there's no way to have both negatives and positive values combined right? If values go up from neagative to positive that is.
Anton

Re: Finding Companies that Grow Consecutively 6 months, 4 weeks ago #2506

• admin
  • Administrator
That's correct. It's just a product of the math. Larger negative numbers are less than smaller negative numbers while larger positive numbers are greater than smaller positive numbers. To capture that in your screen, you would need to use separate screener conditions.

You could construct a third screen that looks specifically for negative numbers turning positive.

Re: Finding Companies that Grow Consecutively 6 months, 4 weeks ago #2507

• oby1knoby
  • Fresh Boarder
Is there a way to download as excel a full list of results, and not just the first 50 shown on page one?

(Rows 1-50 of 24935)?
Anton

Re: Finding Companies that Grow Consecutively 6 months, 4 weeks ago #2508

• admin
  • Administrator
You can page forward to download additional (up to 50 result) pages, one at a time. Unfortunately, licensing restrictions limit how many results users can download at once.

You should be able to apply conditions to limit your result set, so you do not have to download that many results. The calculation engine in Screener.co is very powerful, and can apply most filters you would think to apply.

Re: Finding Companies that Grow Consecutively 6 months, 3 weeks ago #2512

• oby1knoby
  • Fresh Boarder
Is there a way to save my specific columns that I entered from Free Form Column so I can switch quickly instead of entering them again and again?
Anton
Time to create page: 0.13 seconds