Welcome, Guest

Finding Companies that Grow Consecutively
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Finding Companies that Grow Consecutively

Finding Companies that Grow Consecutively 1 month ago #2498

• oby1knoby
  • Fresh Boarder
Basically what I'm trying to find are stocks that show increase in growth across Net Profit Margin, Revenue and EPS for last 4 periods (4 years or 4 quarters). So they key element here is company growth.

So here is an example of what I'm looking for:

i.share.pho.to/a8ec2324_o.png

As you can see in this example, the company shows a consecutive growth (according to those stats) over last 4 periods.

What would be the full formula to screen that with screener.co?
Anton

Re: Finding Companies that Grow Consecutively 1 month ago #2499

• admin
  • Administrator
You can use Free Form Conditions in the Basic Screener to set up your screen. For Net Profit Margin, you would use:

Net Income(I) / Total Revenue(I) > 1.064 * ( Net Income(I-1) / Total Revenue(I-1) )

Net Income(I-1) / Total Revenue(I-1) > 1.057 * ( Net Income(I-2) / Total Revenue(I-2) )

Net Income(I-2) / Total Revenue(I-2) > 1.05 * ( Net Income(I-3) / Total Revenue(I-3) )

Net Income(I-3) / Total Revenue(I-3) > 1.043 * ( Net Income(I-4) / Total Revenue(I-4) )

I'm not sure how to interpret the negative numbers in your table, but, for Revenue, you can use:

Total Revenue(I) > 1.05 * Total Revenue(I-1)

for 5% growth (and can adjust the percentage factor as needed)

For EPS, you can use:

Diluted EPS(I) > 1.05 * Diluted EPS(I-1)

You can build out the formulas for the previous periods Revenue and EPS just as was done with net margin.

Re: Finding Companies that Grow Consecutively 4 weeks, 1 day ago #2500

• oby1knoby
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for your message, I have applied some rules I created in Free Condition Forum, however, I noticed that the actual data doesn't match my formula criteria.

Basically I wanted to find stocks that were doubling their EPS for the last 4 consecutive quarters. The thing is that the numbers in column don't match the formula pattern, and that doesn't just apply to negative numbers, but also to positive ones, it seems very random, maybe I did something wrong?

i.imgur.com/WoeuhYo.png
Anton

Re: Finding Companies that Grow Consecutively 4 weeks, 1 day ago #2501

• admin
  • Administrator
You should add Free Form Conditions for each time period to exclude negative numbers. For example:

Basic EPS Excluding Extraordinary(I) > 0

Those numbers look correct to me. For example, AMEX:CEI:

-39 > -92 * 2
-11 > -39 * 2
13.8 > -11 * 2

The problem is that you are allowing negative numbers.

Re: Finding Companies that Grow Consecutively 4 weeks ago #2502

• oby1knoby
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes but if I exclude negative numbers that would leave out around 40% of stocks out of equation.

As if the company grows from negative numbers I still want to see it, for example:

+10

As well as

Those 4 consecutive periods both show growth. So how do I include that?
Anton

Re: Finding Companies that Grow Consecutively 4 weeks ago #2503

• oby1knoby
  • Fresh Boarder
Also, providing your example on AMEX:CEI:, that is indeed correct, but what about the others that I highlighted? They are not accurate. I mean if AMEX:CEI: is working why others don't make sense?
Anton
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds