Multiple indexes/similar conditions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Multiple indexes/similar conditions

Multiple indexes/similar conditions 5 years ago #1598

• phoenix
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello all

I just started recently with the specific screener. I have one simple question..

I try to filter initially stocks that are part of, let's say S&P 500. Or combination of S&P and other indexes.

From the basic screen I can add two conditions, but these automatically have the "AND" operator. I can only change it in the advanced screener (Replacing AND with OR). But that might be a problem, when I will add more complicated conditions. I don't want to revert to the advanced screen from the beginning.

Is there a way to select multiple similar conditions?
Argyrios

Re: Multiple indexes/similar conditions 5 years ago #1599

• admin
  • Administrator
Phoenix,

In order to prevent people from having to worry about logical order of operations for complex screens (which can sometimes even make my head spin), we introduced the "Combine Screens" tab. If you create two or more complete screens, you can obtain all non-duplicated results that match any one of them by selecting them all from the Combine Screens tab. It is like OR-ing entire screens together!

If index constituency is the only thing that needs an OR, you should build one version for S&P500, save it, then click on that row in the screen and change the value to match another index, save it with a different name, and repeat. When you are done, click on the "Combine Screens" tab and select all of the screens.

The results that appear should be what your are looking for! And, you didn't need to worry about parenthetical groupings of logical conditions or logical order of operations.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds