Welcome, Guest

How to remove delisted companies
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to remove delisted companies

How to remove delisted companies 3 years, 10 months ago #1617

Hi Lenny, I always screen for "Last Annual Filing > today 1 year ago." From time to time I waste some energy analyzing a company that happens to be unlisted somewhere during the last 12 months (eg Pilkington Deutschland AG). Is there a way to remove currently delisted companies?

Thanks in advance
Benjamin

Re: How to remove delisted companies 3 years, 10 months ago #1727

• admin
  • Administrator
Most delisted companies are automatically removed, as we apply a filter to exclude companies that are either inactive and/or not trading. However, unfortunately, some companies slip through. The filter you are using is a good proxy for removing the remainder. By removing companies that have not filed in a while (interim or annual), you can mitigate this problem.

Re: How to remove delisted companies 1 month ago #2658

• kalmar
  • Fresh Boarder
Sorry do I understand correctly that the screener cannot be easily used to mitigate the survivorship bias? So for example, if I would like to see the top 10 growth companies for every quarter since e.g. 2010 and if company XXXX was in the top 10 in Dec 2012, but in Nov 2013 it was delisted, so I don't see the correct Top 10 for Dec 2012? Correct?

Thank you
Alex

Re: How to remove delisted companies 1 month ago #2659

• admin
  • Administrator
We do not offer point-in-time screening. When you screen on Screener.co, you are looking for companies that match the screener conditions as of the most recent data available.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.13 seconds